You might be thinking, why on earth would you put avocados in chocolate chip cookies. Well, I ran out of butter and was too lazy to drive to the store to pick up more butter. Plus I just finished writing my Avocado Cookbook and I was feeling adventurous with the remaining avocados!
Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serves 11 cookies
- 1 cup + 3 – 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small avocado, mashed (½ cup avocado)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 ℉ and line a pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream together the avocado and sugar until light and fluffy and then beat in egg and vanilla extract until batter is smooth. Next stir in the sifted dry ingredients to the avocado mixture until well combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop out 11 balls and place on the parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes before moving cookies to cooling rack. Enjoy!
Make sure we stay connected on…
Snapchat: @medhacooks to see the behind the scenes of my cooking experiments
Instagram: https://instagram.com/medhacooks/ To see the final pictures of my creations
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/MedhaCooks/ For inspiration from food blogs that I read