Since I’ve had more time to bake this weekend, I decided to venture out of my comfort zone & attempt to make scones.
The first try didn’t go so well but the second time around went pretty well! However after my disastrous first trial I used up all the eggs in my house & ended up using a ‘chia egg’ as a replacement for the second trial. I’ll continue to improve the recipe & research different ways to make the scones even tastier!
1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (or use 1 egg)
3/4 cup milk
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
6 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a pizza pan with foil & coat with oil.
2. In a small cup, mix the chia seeds with the water & set aside until the chia seeds absorb the water. It will turn into a thick paste.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together all the drya spatula, make a well in the middle of the bowl. In the well add the vanilla extract, milk, oil/butter. With the spatula combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. I recommend you to use your hands in this part so the dough won’t get overworked.
4. Gently sprinkle in the chopped strawberries and chocolate chips.
5. With slightly damp hands (so the dough will not stick to your hands), place the dough onto the prepared pizza pan. Shape the dough into a flat circle about 9 inches wide.
6. With a share knife, cut down the scones until you have 8 equal slices.
7. On the middle rack of the oven, bake the scones for 25 minutes. Let the scones cool fully before removing them from the pan. Cut into the 8 slices you made before baking so the scones will separate easily. Enjoy!
🌟 Use #medhacooks when you make my recipes! I love seeing your recreations! 🌟
Make sure you follow me on…
Snapchat 👻: medhacooks to see the behind the scenes on my cooking experiments
Instagram: https://instagram.com/medhacooks/ To see the final pictures of my creations
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/MedhaCooks/ For more food & drink inspiration from food blogs that I read & admire 😊