If you’re a student, midterm season is upon us along with ordering overpriced takeout. I was finishing up an essay & decided to treat myself to some pizza & lo behold the total bill for a medium sized pizza was $20! TWENTY DOLLARS! I have never cancelled an order so fast.
Luckily, I found a way to use ingredients that I already have in my kitchen to make a quick & tasty pizza. If I was trying to make a more luxurious pizza, I would make my own crust from scratch but your girl doesn’t have time or patience when she’s hangry!
Okay let’s get to it.
- Crust: Instead of homemade or store-bought pizza dough, use tortilla
- Tomato sauce: Use any tomato paste you want! I use Trader Joe’s marinara sauce
- Cheese: I use a combination of Mozzarella & Parmesan cheese. You can experiment with different types to create a more unique pizza, but I was trying to create a very basic pizza
- Toppings: To spice things up I add ¼ teaspoon of Za’atar in the tomato sauce. You can also add vegetables, meat or herbs.
This recipe is super adaptable & versatile. If you’re trying to create a fancy pizza, try drizzling truffle oil before you put the pizza in the oven!
If you want to see more quick, easy & affordable dinner options, let me know in the comments below!
2 – 3 tbsp tomato sauce
3 – 4 tbsp shredded Mozzarella
1 – 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
Optional: toppings such as pepperoni, vegetables, dried basil or other spices
- Preheat oven to 400 °F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take a tortilla & score it with a knife, just basic lines will do, & place it on the baking sheet. Lightly drizzle olive oil on top & bake the tortilla for 4-6 minutes until edges are golden.
- Remove tortillas from the oven & spread tomato sauce on top. Then sprinkle mozzarella & Parmesan on top along with any toppings. Place pizza back in the oven for 5 – 7 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
If you make this super easy pizza, take a picture & tag me @medhacooks on Instagram!