In my 17 months of food blogging, this is the first recipe I have posted that is savory and socially acceptable to eat at lunch or dinner. I mean you could eat Pistachio & Chocolate Cream Tarts for dinner buut you do need to eat your vegetables.
This baked jalapeno mac & cheese is crunchy, cheesy & spicy. Don’t worry, it’s not as spicy as Indian food 😉
Baked Jalapeno Mac & Cheese
6 oz (171 grams) pasta (use any type you want or have in your pantry)
1 ½ tbsp butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 medium finely diced jalapeno peppers, remove stems and seeds
1 cup milk
½ cup chicken stock, vegetable stock or beer
1 ½ – 2 cups Manchego cheese
Salt & black pepper to taste
4 tbsp breadcrumbs
¼ tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉ (175 ℃).
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Lightly coat 4 4inch casserole dishes with olive oil. I used
- In a medium size skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Turn heat to low and add flour, using a whisk, mix flour and butter. Add jalapeños and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add skim milk and stock, and continue whisking. Raise heat to medium until mixture becomes a boil and continue whisking until mixture starts boiling and becomes thick.Continue whisking mixture until smooth and add salt and pepper.
- Once the mixture has become thick, remove from heat and add shredded cheese and mix until all of the cheese is melted.
- Add cooked pasta to casserole dish and pour cheese sauce over the pasta. Use a spatula to mix pasta and cheese sauce, making sure all the pasta is evenly covered.
- In a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs with paprika and then sprinkle it over the mac & cheese. If you want, sprinkle more shredded Manchego cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you make my Baked Jalapeno Mac & Cheese, make sure you take a picture & share it with me by using #medhacooks on Instagram!
Make sure we stay connected on…
Snapchat: @medhacooks to see the behind the scenes of my cooking experiments
Instagram: https://instagram.com/medhacooks/ To see the final pictures of my creations
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/MedhaCooks/ For inspiration from food blogs that I read