Things I have learned this week:
- Surprise loved ones with cake more often.
2. Listen to your mom when she tells you to go to the doctors office.
3. Easy as pie, my butt. Whoever said that has not baked pie.
4. I need to keep more cheesecake bites it my freezer at ALL times.
These chocolate covered lemon cheesecake bites are a hybrid of cheesecake and Reese’s peanut butter cups minus the peanut butter.
Chocolate Covered Lemon Cheesecake Bites
(Makes 12 cups)
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 – 4 tbsp granulated sugar (depending how sweet you like it)
Zest & juice of 1 lemon
½ cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add in the lemon zest and juice until well combined. Keep the cheesecake mixture in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 2 minutes. Coat the bottom & sides of 12 small muffin liners with the melted chocolate and let it sit in freezer for 5 minutes. Next scoop 1 tbsp of the cheesecake into each of the muffin liners and cover the cheesecake with more melted chocolate.
- Place the cheesecake bites in the freezer for an hour to set before serving. Prior to eating, let the cheesecake bites sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Make sure we stay connected on…
Snapchat: @medhacooks to see the behind the scenes of my cooking experiments
Instagram: https://instagram.com/medhacooks/ To see the final pictures of my creations
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/MedhaCooks/ For inspiration from food blogs that I read