I recently asked you guys on my Instagram stories what type of content y’all wanted to see from me & the top requests were:
- Holiday inspired recipes
- Meals under 30 minutes
- Meal prep on a budget
- Vegan dishes
- One pot meals
- & Budgeting tips!
I’ll be focusing on creating more recipe that fall into these categories, but for now
I decided to kill 3 birds with one stone I created this super simple pancake recipe that takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish to make!
This is the perfect stack of pancakes to make for Sunday morning or even before class/ work on the weekdays! It’s vegan, only uses a blender (no bowls & super easy to clean!) and the ingredients are most likely already in your fridge or cupboard!
I also love how versatile this recipe is! Here are a few alternatives you can use:
- Milk: Any type of milk from almond milk to buttermilk works in this recipe & the taste is not compromised
- Peanut butter: You can use any type of nut or sunflower butter! If you’re feeling a bit boujie replace the peanut butter with hazelnut butter or Trader Joe’s Cacao Almond Spread!
- Honey: You can replace the honey with maple syrup or any other kind of liquid sweetener. I know some do not consider honey to be vegan, but I personally try to use local honey as much as possible since it helps with my allergies.
Other Vegan Breakfast Options:
Super Simple, Vegan Fluffy Pancakes
Mug of all purpose flour
Mug of milk
2 tsp baking powder
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Tip: let the batter sit for about 2 minutes. This allows the baking powder to activate & makes your pancakes extra fluffy!
- In a pan on medium heat, scoop about 1/4 cup of batter & cook until each side is golden brown. Depending on how large you make the pancakes, the batter will make 5-6 pancakes!
- Serve warm with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit. Enjoy!
*Notes: Make sure you use the same mug to measure out the flour & milk! It should be a 1:1 ratio of flour: milk
If you make these pancakes, take a picture & tag @medhacooks on Instagram!