Flaky and buttery chocolate chip blondie with a hint of maple flavor
Maple Chocolate Chip Blondies
Serves: 24 slices (Vegan & Gluten Free)
1 tbsp of chia seeds + 3 tbsp of water
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp maple extract
1/3 cup maple applesauce
1/3 cup t sugar
2 cups flour (GF oat, all purpose or cake flour)
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
2) Oil a square pan & set it aside
3) Add chia & water to a large bowl. Stir around and leave to sit for a couple minutes until it has thickened (5 minutes)
4) After the chia seeds have thickened, stir in the milk, maple & vanilla extract, applesauce and sugar to the large bowl and whisk until fully combined.
5) In a medium size bowl, add ALL the dry ingredients & mix together until the ingredients are evenly dispersed.
6) Whisk the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Make sure to not over mix!
7) Pour the batter into the oiled pan and bake for 38 – 45 minutes.
8) Once baked, leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Make sure we stay connected on…
Snapchat: @medhacooks to see the behind the scenes of my cooking experiments
Instagram: https://instagram.com/medhacooks/ To see the final pictures of my creations
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/MedhaCooks/ For inspiration from food blogs that I read