I created this recipe back in July because I was so excited for fall 😂
Fall is my favorite season for a number of reasons (ha that ryhmes)
1. My birthday is in November
2. Thanksgiving (my obsession with pumpkin pie is getting problematic)
3. The trees are absolutely gorgeous!
This pecan pie is really easy to make & there is no processed ingredients in it! If you give this a try, make sure you tag #medhacooks on Instagram!
Recipe inspired by http://www.thespunkycoconut.com
1 cup of walnuts
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup gluten free oats
1 packed cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked for 3 hours in 1 cup of water (save the soaking water)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups roasted pecans*
1. Set the oven to 400°F.
2. Blend all the crust ingredients to form a ball.
3. Using wet hands, press the crust into a 9 inch glass pie dish. Do NOT pre-bake the crust.
4. Add all of the filling ingredients, including the soaking water, to the blender & blend until smooth. Fold in the roasted pecans, then add the filling to the unbaked crust.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 400F then reduce the heat to 350F, and bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Allow the pie to cool on the counter, then refrigerate overnight to set.
7. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
*Roast pecans for 5 minutes at 300F.
Come say hi on Instagram and drop off any suggestions for dishes I should create next! https://instagram.com/medhacooks/
Make sure we stay connected on…
Snapchat: @medhacooks to see the behind the scenes of my cooking experiments